Saturday, February 21, 2015

Options Revealed

It's been a month. I almost feels like a dream. Like it didn't happen but then I remember the pain or I rub my incision scars the wrong way and I remember. It did happen.

We had our appointment with the RE yesterday and it was as bad as I had feared. My heart sank as he said with my hormone levels and the hubs morphology issues that our chance of getting pregnant is only 10% each cycle. Its better than 0, but 10% is really low.

He suggested we seriously consider IVF.

The cheapest cycle (one fresh) is $9000 and about $3500 in meds. That would give us a whopping 40% chance.

The guaranteed program, 4 fresh cycles and all associated froze cycles (with a 24 month period) for $22,000. Plus, the $1,800 ICSI that he thinks is our best bet (that is actually inserting the sperm into the egg, not just introducing them in a dish) and $300 for the anesthesia. So we are just going to round that out to $25,000 and forget about how much meds will cost.

So...how do we come up with $25,000 dollars? If we don't have a live birth within that 2 year period we will get 100% of our money back. Which is great, but if we do...it cost us $25,000 to have a baby, then pay for a baby.

We want children but is it financially responsible for us to really even consider this? Not really. I want to fight for it, to find a way to make it happen, but it just isn't a sound option. But doing a per cycle round is less so. So we just stick to IUI and injectables?

I feel so stuck and overwhelmed again. There is nothing I can do. There is nothing that I will be able to talk my way into, or work hard for...We just have to pray that we have a miracle happen and that the 10% chance we have of having kids magically happens for us.

The Hubs is totally optimistic. He is excited and thinks we have a great chance. I, on the other hand am just depressed and angry and sad.

No comments: