Sunday, August 24, 2014

Great Article

I read this article today and it struck me. This article struck me because it is so real. It is my reality. I love my life but this journey is far harder than I anticipated 34 months ago.
"For the most part, I try to remain positive. I try to tell myself that everything happens for a reason and that, in time, I will get pregnant. And I mostly believe that.
But this journey wears on you. It breaks you down.
Since I began my road to motherhood over 19 months ago, my mind and body have changed.
I’m not that fully optimistic person I always was. I look at things with a grain of salt now. I don’t let my hopes get too high. I don’t necessarily expect the worst, but I do expect “not the greatest,” and I definitely no longer expect the best."

That quote speaks volumes to me. I was very optimistic about life before this, for the most part, and fertility issues have me expecting "not the greatest" all the time in my life now. I want to be optimistic and I want to be hopeful for my future. I try to be. I truly hope that one day soon I will be agin

http://www.babble.com/pregnancy/how-infertility-kills-your-self-esteem/

No comments: